What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Clutching Espresso Love in fear of more winter


It was pretty cold here this morning, about 19 degrees at 7am and so I knew it was going to be a looooooong run. Thankfully no wind as that has been a constant pain in the ass when going out for training runs. Again - I HATE THE TREADMILL so I have to accept whatever the weather will be. I skipped the pre-run coffee as I didn't want to deal with any 'issues' and headed out the door with 2 layers of everything and ipod in tow around 7:30am.

I have a really nice, gradually hilly 15 mile out and back that I do and then add to it when I need more distance by running through the neighborhoods. My chest was pretty tight when I first started and it felt like I was trying to breathe through a plate of glass. It was tough. Tried to breathe through my nose and avoid more cold air coming in through my mouth. Seemed to work ok and I was warming up. When I got to the heart of my run, miles 4-9, I wanted to start 'warming up' my GU as it was pretty frozen in this wintery weather. I was trying a new flavor today, Espresso Love and I was pretty excited about it. I clutched it tightly in my mitten and heated it up. It was pretty tasty!

I was feeling strong and actually ran into Kelly B around mile 10 as I was headed back towards home. We chatted about training and yoga and stuff ...but that only lasted for about 2 minutes because I can't talk and run in altitude, even 5 years later.

I dropped Kelly off around mile 12 and I started to notice that my dogs were pretty sore. The balls of my feet were pretty tender. Crap. I was hoping that wouldn't happen *again* in my new running shoes. I was really liking the Mizuno's - maybe all shoes do that and I just won't ever have the comfort I am desperately seeking. *sigh*

Getting ready for yoga and just snacked on a Strawberries n' Cream frappy from starbucks after returning from the liquor store. Need to stock up for all those fabulous commericals tomorrow night! Did I mention yet that I am not really a football fan? Should be fun anyways.

OH! and happy groundhog day??? I don't think so...Damn bastard saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter....prepare to die little man!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You better have the bowling skills to back up that mouth of yours girlfriend. I'm all or nothing so pending I don't suck, I'll be awesome!

Great job on the training, I know your little paws get so cold.