What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, February 15, 2008

Dancing in the Rain

What an amazing Valentine's Day! Work was normal - went to lunch with my partner Kim and happened to get a call from Mike. He had just picked up my Valentine's Day gift and said it was the best ever. I let him tell Kim what it was and she had an enormous grin on her face. She said that he was such a romanticist... haha. That's my Mike.

Raced home from work and went for a 5 mile run. Took 47 minutes. It was cold and I was bummed with the time. I did see Mike around mile 4 and we high-fived each other as I was headed in and he was headed out. He told me NOT to open my gift.

When he got home, it was like Christmas. He was anxious to give me my gift and I was anxious to give him his. I opened mine first. I hesitated and looked up at Mike and said, I don't want to cry. He said, "I'm sorry but you're going to..."




I bawled. It was the most beautiful and thoughtful gift I have ever gotten. It is a hand carved wooden snapshot of my "baby in heaven"... Mike worked with the artist to design it, just like my engagement ring except this gift was probably NOT designed on a bar napkin.

In return, he got the most killer yoga mat and towel. Not as amazing but he will definitely see some improvement at yoga! I am so practical....

So, after the tears dried up. We got ready to go see the most amazing musicians, Rodrigo y Gabriela. Wow!!!! They were incredible. I have never seen a woman rock out a guitar like that!

We got home around 11pm and I tinkered around on the internet and finally got to bed around 12:30am. *yawn*

Today, I was exhausted! We had a shortened work day so I got home and cleaned the house up some, took Luna for a drive and then headed off to yoga at 6pm. It was a difficult class but I only had to bow down to child's pose once. Right now I can smell the steak and fries that Mike is making...all organic of course. mmm. SO hungry. Tomorrow's a cool 15miler and tomorrow night...BOWLING, BEERS AND PIZZA. A great reward to a tough week. I'm going to do a little 'dancing in the rain....'


2 comments:

Deanna said...

How come every time I read your blog I cry? WTF? Mike Rocks! That is the most wonderful, special and thoughtful gift.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Deanna...WTF...still crying, great gift!!!! job well done Mike! Aims