What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Slowing down...


Well, it's here...the taper. and good grief do I need it. I am so sore everywhere. I am working through some nastiness in my left calf - it's like a huge golf ball. I tried to take an epsom salt bath but the hot water ran out so I ended up sitting in about 4 inches of water, barely covering my shins, shivering and trying to do self-massage. Um. utterly retarded and it was neither helpful nor productive! I was missing the bubbles, the martini, rubber ducky and most of all ...the water...

I am in a frenzy right now trying to get in for a massage and acupuncture (which I have never done) before I leave next Friday. AHHHHHHHHHHH So much for staying calm and relaxed just days before the race. Such is the life of a Freisem though... so, the taper really just means wicked panic mode... at some point, I really need to learn to SLOW DOWN! Calgon........take me away.............

3 comments:

Deanna said...

It's Taper Time! Note: Sing this to MC Hammers--Can't Touch This. Okay I am a dork. Dude, your bath sounds like it really sucked. Sorry. Practice your yoga breathing, relax, have a glass of wine and get yourself a massage girl! You've done this 35'ish plus times?!? You are a PRO!!

Jackie said...

Take a deep breathe and relax...you are gonna do great...remember I need a running buddy in Boston next year........

Mike said...

Hon, you are a rockstar...you'll be fine...but any opportunity that you give me to massage your legs I will gladly take...:)

Boston next year? what about 2010?