What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sundown run



I think my favorite time of day to run is right at sundown. Everything seems to be a little hazy with soft edges. It's a terrific contrast to the hustle and bustle of daytime and work and all the other things we try to cram in before we settle in for the evening. It's almost a 'forgiving' time to run. I love the long shadows and looking over my shoulder to see the outline of the magnificent Rockies in the distance against the deepening blue sky. It's so serene and relaxing and a reminder as to why we moved here almost 6 years ago.

Tonight I ran 6.4 miles, "the loop", as we call it in just under 1:03. It was a little cool and windy and I couldn't find my favorite hoodie so I settled for a lighter weight jacket that left me feeling chilled. I also tested out my new Timex Heart Rate monitor. It was so simple to use and the strap wasn't too damaging to my overly sensitive skin. I was pretty suprised with my average HR too considering... it was 151. I expected it to be so much higher.

As usual, I am up WAY too late but am taking advantage of not having to get up before the roosters to get my training done. Tomorrow is going to be an hour on the trainer and then dinner with some girlfriends at...you guessed it...Old Chicago pizza joint... You can take the girl out of Chicago but you can't take Chicago out of the girl! I really miss it at times, especially when I see pictures like this...




2 comments:

Mike said...

Great post babe...Love that time too...when we get to swim at the rez this summer after work there is a five mile, out and back trial the is a beauty at sundown. Have a slice for me...

Michelle said...

hey, Chicago style is ok. Thin crust is in. Beer, always appropriate. Thanks for sharing!