What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, February 21, 2008

You're going to put WHAT, WHERE??

Well. I finally did it. All this talk and I just went and did it. I received my first treatment of acupuncture. I was scared to death but I survived. I went to a chinese acupuncturist today near my work. The woman was from china and studied there and told me not to worry because she was really good. AND she was. Some spots hurt for sure but when you don't even know what to expect, it's pretty hard not to flinch or flail when the needle goes in. I went in for my allergies, aches in both hips and calf knots.

I had needles everywhere...forehead, temples, by my nostrils, chin, shoulder blades, neck, butt, hips, back of my knees and the insides of my ankles...in the webbing between my thumb and first finger as well as on my arms... I was dying to ask her how many needles I had but I didn't want to feel like a "rookie." Mike gets acupuncture regularly along with several friends and I was dying to know what all the hype was about. It's pretty freaking crazy but I am excited to go back. I felt very energized and calm afterwards. My stomach was going nuts too - making all sorts of noises. It was a little embarrassing to say the least. I may go one more time before I leave for LA next Friday. My calves feel spectacular but my hip flexors are still tight. Maybe some yoga Sunday will help with that.

Ran the loop tonight as slow as I could - definitely in Z2 (without knowing what that actually IS of course) and felt great afterwards. Poor Mike had to ride 62 on the trainer tonight and I think he finished around 8:45... He's so hopped up on caffeinated blocks and gels right now...poor guy probably just wants to sleep...which is exactly where I'm headed...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Jess said...

Nice job, acupuncture is powerful stuff - hey I have an idea....how about a day off on Sunday, that may just help more! Core power is lovely stuff but it is also extremely depleting. See you tomorrow at the race, have a great day love.