What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Annoyed


Not much to report. Rode 50 minutes on the trainer yesterday and could barely get my HR to 140. It was a lot of work. Today, ran a little over 2.5 in z1/low z2. Had one of those runs though where everything was annoying. My HR monitor strap was too loose, then too tight. HR reading was inconsistent for the first 8 minutes or so, 111, then 161. ARGH. Then my right shoe was bugging the crap out of me on my inside ankle. My nose was especially runny. It was dark and I could barely see my watch. I could go on and on but won't -wasting good energy on being annoyed - that's a bad thing. I think I hit that moment today, just days after a race when the euphoria and pain is gone, and a teeny depression sets in. I don't get sad then, I guess I get annoyed. Poor Mike!

Off to bed so I can get up and be at the pool at 5am. Annoyed that I have to be to work so early. I sure hope I sleep on the right side of the bed tonight. At least tomorrow's FRIDAY!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Annoyance, a feeling that I have mastered over the years. Whether it be an adorable child making the slightest noise in public or slamming my finger in the door of a port-a-john....annoyance is a feeling I have certainly mastered but never embraced.

I sense that you are annoyed that you are annoyed. Very familiar with that but as with every annoying experience it will pass. So please for the sake of those on the commute with you tomorrow, I truly hope you sleep on the right side of the bed. Sweet dreams my little brat.

Mike said...

So, a little patience and some hard work, someday we will look back at all this and chuckle...

You'll learn to love the pool in a sick sort of way....I promise...

When you have those breakthru days, it will make all the annoying days understandable and kinda sweet! Hang tough baby!