What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, March 7, 2008

Finding balance at the end of the day...


...but this morning sure started off annoying! I swam 1500 (drills) and it was agonizing. I was up at 4:45am, almost sprang out of bed like a pony. I guess I was excited. Was the first one at the pool which was sweet so I could pick my lane. Of course, wanting to avoid the lane that this little old lady takes to 'walk' without getting her hair wet.

Got in and swam my first 25 with water completely in my left eye, might as well have been my finger. It was stinging and painful. Just bought these goggles weeks ago too. What the hell? Fumbled with them for a few more laps and finally whipped them *gently* at my gear bag, just a mere 12 feet away. Grabbed the old mask-like open water goggles from last summer. They worked ok. Felt like I was gasping for air just 75 yards into warm up and opted for the snorkel, which unfortunately I had to use the entire rest of my workout. If I thought crying would have helped me, I would have done it...but I had to suck it up. Saw Mike at the pool as I was finishing and told him *yet again* that I can't wait for Memorial Day = reservoirs open = me swiming in open water = me happy.

Ended up the day with yoga. Haven't been able to practice in over a week and clearly was jonesing for it. There were only about 6 people in the class and it was so calm. Really stretched through some post race aches and just turned inwards to find some peace and forgiveness in myself. My intention was to "relax" in all that I do. I feel so much better now, especially with my blue moon in hand. I just love that beer, but I digress.

My first brick tomorrow ... 15 mile ride, 2 mile run. Ahh, the balance is back...

1 comment:

Jason Plett said...

Wow, you rule! I have always wondered what training looked like for and ironman.