What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gobs of laundry


I have come to the realization that triathletes produce a ton of laundry. a TON. It's frightening really. Yesterday, I swam, worked, had a massage and went to bed - that was 4 outfits. Today, I worked, biked, ran and am back in the pj's - 4 more outfits. If you happened to be married to a triathlete, double it. 2 days - 16 outfits. That. Is. Nuts. I am so sorry mother nature for all the water we are using but I have definitely tried to be green in many other areas of life. To the point, where I might annoy my husband but he doesn't do the laundry so he doesn't feel the guilt. I do recycle my pj's as best I can and pants from work but there comes a point where when they walk themselves to the closet, well, you just have to suck it up.

7 comments:

Jason Plett said...

I wouldn't worry too much, the drain water gets recycled.

Jessica said...

You gotta wash that stuff sister, especially the bike shorts. Chamois science in the making.

Did you ever think that maybe all the sweat we produce is re-absorbed by the environment and helps to restore our water supply? Maybe that's why there is so much crap floating in my water. Oh well, if I can be a part of the difference, I'm there.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one doing laundry every freakin' day, but this explains it. Epiphany! See you Sunday! Petra

Mike said...

I feel the guilt...Awesome job recycling the plastic bags lately and even your vitamin wrappers...Mother Nature forgives you.

"In every deliberation, we must consider the impact on the seventh generation."
-- Iroquois Law

BJ said...

Washing cloths is just another sport with triathlon. Need to keep clean...and save the environment...Mike, what's up man...don't want to get your hands dirty?

knopfler said...

do what I do:
1- swim suit: rinse it, bag it, good to go next time.
2- sleep naked - 'nuff said
3- leave the stinkies in the hamper long enough for Mike to succumb and do the laundry.

Platzie said...

I have to air dry my dirty tennis clothes in the garage. Then straight into the wash. I'm much to powerful to just leave my sweat in the hamper...