What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, March 1, 2008

I. am. Ready.


All the preparation has been done. The only thing left to do is sleep and then it's race morning. The moment of truth. It's a bittersweet time for me because I know in just a few short hours it will all be over. All the weeks of anxiety and excitement and hard work come to a halt and it becomes about relaxing and focusing and believing in myself more than ever. After 10 years and 34 marathons I still get SO excited!!

I am staying with my wonderful family who has been so supportive and downright fun to be around, calming my nerves and getting me ready for a fantastic run tomorrow.

As I mentioned, this time is bittersweet, almost like a kid on Christmas morning...you are desperate for that time to come when you can rip open the presents you have been pining for all year and within moments, just like that...it's over. But this time around, I have something bigger and better to come just 2 days after tomorrow. It was emailed to me just moments ago...

Week 1 IRONMAN TRAINING and it starts Tuesday with a nice 1100 yard swim...and then the fun really begins...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You go girl...HTFU !

Mike said...

Babe you are a rock star...qualify or not, I love you!