What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Scared to death


After a great night's sleep, I was excited to get up this morning and kick some arse in the pool. Ok, seriously, I wasn't dreading it at least . It was only a 1250 yard swim and I had a 200 yard TT to tackle. I still must use the snorkel and zoomers *but I could probably lose the fins soon* to do anything over 50. I calmed myself and geared up for the 200. Hit my watch and was off, only to find about 20 yards into the swim I forgot to hit the timer. Crap. A nice 50 yard warm-up. Ok, again, and I am off. Finished in 3:36. I'll take it - I have nothing to compare it to.

We had a shortened work day so I was able to make it to Corepower Yoga at 4:30. Felt strong and was able to relax. Finally. Until...

I made the grave mistake tonight of watching some of Ironman Wisconsin 2007. I taped it last year so I could reference it occasionally and get psyched up. All it did was psyche me out and make me nauseous to high heaven as I watched the swim start. I honestly thought I was going to throw up. Will skip that part next time I decide to watch...not ready for it yet, obviously. It scares me to death!

Tomorrow is a 45 mile ride - on the trainer - so it will be me and Grey's Anatomy for a few hours. Yippee! Saturday is a fun swim - of choice - with another HEP teammate, Petra. I am sure her daughter Molly, (who is 2) will be lapping me in the next lane as she continues on with her swim lessons. Is it morally wrong to try and outswim a 2 year old? I have no shame.

And yes, this is the Tiara that I ditched...

1 comment:

knopfler said...

...little green jelly-beans dancing in the water...