What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, April 7, 2008

The day that never seemed to end

I miss Sunday, the rest day. Today started bright and early - 4:30am. Felt super motivated to swim - got a cute new swimsuit and was anxious to show it off! ;) Got to the pool a little later than planned because I decided to cuddle with Lunz for a few extra minutes.

Upon arrival, I was distraught to see that all 3 lanes were full and NO one was courteous and stopped so I could ask them to circle swim. Must note: NONE of them were good swimmers. It's a sad day when I get to the pool and I am the best swimmer there. Finally, flagged a girl before she was about to go down the lane and she seemed pretty put out that I wanted to circle swim. I told her I would be fast - swimming only 850 yards today and that I was training for an Ironman. There are days I just LOVE to throw that around *evil*

Knowing tonight's 16 mile run was going to be extremely taxing, I opted 800yds with the pull buoy and the last 50 on my own. After having some seriously motivating conversations Saturday night, I was ready to conquer the swim. Felt super relaxed and focused mainly on my pull/catch. It's coming together. The last 50 felt really good - I know I am going to have a breakthrough soon.

Got home around 4:50pm, hung out with Luna and prepared for tonight's workout. 3 mile spin on the bike and a 16 mile run with my main set being 1 mile in z4 and 3.5 miles in upper z3. As you all know (and if you don't), if there's one thing I can't stand, I mean despise, I mean HATE ..well...that's speed work. In. Anything. Swim/Bike/Run ...forget it. I would rather coast all day long then go balls out to make myself sick to my stomach and tear down my muscles. BUT, for Craig Howie, I do it. and I did it well tonight! It was cold and windy but I want to kick the marathon's ass at Ironman, I don't want to walk or drag or G.I. Joe crawl... I got home around 8:30pm and noted all the sore muscles in my body. Mostly in my legs of course but my shoulders a little bit.

Ready to hit the hay and will be sleeping in tomorrow and opting to swim in the evening. Today was a great day and I am really glad I got this big workout of the way. I am just so happy the day is finally over and I am still in one piece. One giant sore piece that is...

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Way to go Wonder Woman!

Mike said...

Great job hon...you da Shizzle ...can't wait to see you and the baby!