What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Saturday Brick

Yesterday's training consisted of a 35 mile ride, followed by a 7 mile run. I LOVE big Saturday workouts. They justify all the indulging (read: beer drinking) and eating I do on Saturday nights! Opted to ride on the trainer since I don't really have cold weather riding gear. I didn't want to start too late and wait for the warm weather to arrive so I rented season one of The Office and hopped on around 8:30am. Note to anyone having to ride inside - don't rent a comedy if you have to do some z3 riding. I was laughing so hard I lost my energy to pedal and had to stop a few times. There were some parts of the show I just had to plain ignore so I could push through my main set. I love anything funny and so it was a little disruptive to my ride.

Hopped off the trainer and changed into warm weather running clothes. Hooray, spring is officially here and I was able to run outside for the first time in SkirtSports TRIKini Top and GymGirl Classic.

Finished up the brick with a 7 mile run and nailed it. My legs felt strong, not wobbly. I have been really pushing through the first 5 to 10 minutes off the bike. I tried to convince myself that I had not just been riding a bike, let alone for 2 hours, 10 minutes. So much of this sport is your mental strength to combat the negative and self-defeating thoughts. I had to run 3.5 miles in z3 and had no trouble at all getting my HR up there. I am seeing some nice improvements in my speed too. So far, so good.

Last night was another HEP get-together as we celebrated Jen Howie's 30th Birthday. She's such a baby, to be 30 again *reminiscing* ... She had a really big breakthrough on her swim yesterday and shared it with me - it gives me hope as she has been struggling in the water same as myself. I am anxious for next Friday's lesson...

Going to a 75 minute yoga class today at noon to stretch out some of the woes from yesterday and refresh my mind for this upcoming week. It's pretty big, comparatively speaking...

This week's training:
4100 yds Swimming
102 miles Cycling
21.5 miles Running

Tomorrow is going to be a tough day. 850 yard swim (which means getting up at 4:30am *ugh*) After work, a 3 mile spin on the bike and a 16 mile run. I am definitely going to be having a "case of the mondays...."






3 comments:

Michaelson Family said...

Oh Krist...eeeeeeena...I'm down on my knees...I'm beggin' ya please to come home....(low voice)come on home...
Lova ya!

Mike said...

Awesome brick kid...i love when it all clicks for you...and i love the outfit! hubba hubba!

Belle.Michelle said...

hey, since you have some new skirt sports....want to hand some down to me?? :D