What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Some semblance of normalcy returns, the focus is back

After 3 days of antibiotics coupled with Sudafed, I am feeling loads better than I did just a day ago. Yesterday, I had a 23 mile overdistance ride and I didn't leave z2 to save my soul. I just didn't want to push my luck. It went great - watched some Rescue Me and 24. Finished in a little over 1:24. Nothing too exciting but it felt good to break a sweat.

This morning I swam 1400 yds and despite the runny/snotty nose, it went well. I focused on the 90 degree catch (which is easier on the left side then the right) and my kick. Things are starting to feel better and I am gaining some confidence. Slowly, but surely. I like that every time I get in the water, I don't know what's going to happen. I know what to expect with running and cycling so every swim is an adventure.

I was supposed to get a massage tonight but since I wasn't feeling 100% (I am at about 70%), I didn't want to jeapordize the health of my massage therapist, who just so happens to be training for her own Ironman! I still have a runny nose and I just know that when I would have flipped on my stomach, I would have gushed snot all over her table. Not pretty or sanitary!! I am scheduled to see her on the 29th so I think I can hang in there til then. *hopefully*

I want to give a shout out to my dear friend, Dee, who just so happens to be leaving tomorrow for Boston. I met her at the start line of the Phoenix Rock N Roll Marathon in January of 2007. She will be running her first (but definitely NOT last) Boston Marathon on Monday and I couldn't be more excited for her!!!! GO DEE!!! Boston is the most amazing experience and if I have to be honest, was my favorite marathon, although I love Chicago, ok- it may be a tie. BUT Boston is totally worth the hype!! I can't wait to get back there...one day...
...but for now, it's ALL about Ironman...142 days and couting...

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better K. Sorry you have to miss out on the massage. You are such an awesome friend. Thank you for all your support and encouragement! Happy training! Love you friend. xoxoxo