What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thursday, Friday, Saturday - a little boring...

Upon my sister's request... here are my last 3 days of training. I wish it was more exciting...

Thursday... I was still in a great mood since Luna's check-up Wednesday went stellar. She's doing great and the vet told me we could start taking her for a walk every day for a block. I chuckled. Um... the physical therapist the week before told us to take her for 1-4 ten minute walks a day. The vet said she thought that was aggressive and all I could think was, Luna's a Freisem... there's no dilly-dallying or waiting to get better. Even our dog is hard core. :)

So, Thursday's workout was a 17 mile OD ride and a 4.5 mile OD run. (OD=Overdistance, at a steady z2 pace = not pushing it at all.) We had some rain, some snow, some wind so all rides for me are still inside on the trainer. Rented Season one of Rescue Me - now, ladies...if you want to stay motivated during a workout, not a bad show to watch. A show about firefighters? No brainer... (sorry hon!) Ride went OK but I was still feeling it in my legs from Monday's 16 mile run. I need a massage, bad. I felt just a little off after the ride but opted to do my run. It wasn't supposed to be a brick but I definitely wanted to sleep in that morning so, I had no choice. It was windy as hell and when I got about 10 minutes, I bonked in the biggest way. Rather than turn around, I walked to my 1.5 mile turnaround and headed back home, with the wind at my back. Ran 3 miles, most of it in z1. I know I can run 4.5 miles in my sleep so it wasn't a big deal that I fell 1.5 miles short for the week.

Friday... 1400 yard tempo swim. I was pretty excited about it. Why? Not sure, I just was. I guess I know every time I go, I could feel the 'click' and then it will be easy there on out. Had a 200 yard time trial and used the zoomers and snorkel - did it in about 3:30. What does that mean? I have no clue. I didn't drown so I guess that means I did ok.

Our SwimLabs session last night was awesome too. I recommend that anyone go- just for the experience of seeing yourself. Swimming is such a blind sport. Our instructor, Gif, was super-surfer meets comedian. He was great and had lots of tips and didn't overwhelm us with all sorts of changes. Baby steps. He talked about swimming through the water as if you are literally laying on a surfboard and the whole point is to not "fall off" by rotating too much or changing the position of your head so much when you go to breathe etc...Having a mirror underneath you is really cool too. *be sure you're wearing a cute suit!* I am pretty flat on the water so at least I don't have any overrotating to correct. I really need to work on my 90 degree catch so now more than ever, I am excited to have a snorkel. Mike's going to buy one too.

Saturday... woke up and was bummed to find out that it really was cold out and knew that today's 60 mile ride would be on the trainer. Fortunately, I had more episodes of Rescue Me to watch so I was ok with it. My main set was 16 miles in z3. Averaged around 17mph for that and was relieved when I was able to slide back into z2, my comfort zone. My right foot felt a little numb and I know that's because I need to get my bike fitted again. It took me 3 hours 46 minutes and 6 seconds. It was pretty boring overall. I am ready for outside riding to begin. Had a 1 mile run off the bike and legs felt solid. I could feel the deep ache deep within my muscles but I also know I am desperately in need of a massage, which I am happy to report that I am getting next Thursday.

Next week is stabilizer and it looks like heaven. I am going into it negative 24 for all you stress calculator junkies. Poor Mike has to travel out of town for work from Wednesday through Monday and he has a whole lot of cramming going on in his schedule. So, next week is just me and Lunz for some much needed girly, pampering time. Too bad she doesn't drink red wine, well! I guess that's just more for me...

No comments: