What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, April 13, 2008

With the beginning of each new act, comes a new strength.

My yoga instructor, Rob, shared that quote with me today. As it applies to me and where I am at today, this is not only so true in the sport of triathlon, but in life itself. As I journey on into the world of Ironman training, I am entering new territories and pushing myself to places that I have only dared dream of. It's exciting and terrifying and thankfully, I am not alone. Every step of my journey is shared with my husband, who is months ahead of me in this adventure and so when I come upon something challenging, he is there to comfort me and guide me through it, as he has already experienced it and can empathize...along with my friends, Jess, BJ, Brian, Craig, Jackie, Gordy and Cathy... all of whom will be competing at IMCdA this June. I hope I am not leaving anyone out as it seems that so many people I know are doing it. I am so excited to watch all of these amazing people pursue their dreams and accomplish their goals, as it will be my very first experience at an Ironman (as a spectator.)

This week is a stabilizer week and will allow me to pull back from the intensity, do some reality checks as to: what is working, what isn't; what hurts, what feels good; where do I need to step up the focus, where do I need to lay off. I haven't really been too focused on nutrition and would like to start dialing in on what race day nutrition will be like and really try to narrow in on my options. I have a good idea of what I can stomach and what I can't, but I have no idea how many calories to take in for optimal performance. I have 19 weeks to figure that out *thanktheLord*

Here are this weeks goals:
2500 yards Swimming
71 miles Cycling
12.5 miles Running

I am ready to step it up mentally, go to the next level, reach a new act, find a new strength...

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Nutrition in race is vital.....we have tried many things but find INfinIT works beautifully......

Keep blogging...it keeps me going !

Belle said...

Thanks for the inspiring words. I shared with my roller girl pals. xoxo michelle

Michaelson Family said...

What can I say...I just love you!