What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

3 day recap


Sunday: rest .... ahh, much needed and even more deserved after the prior week's efforts which included a marathon. Mike and I did some shopping, worked in the yard and settled in for a really relaxing evening. I think Sunday is my new favorite day of the week.

Monday: Swam 950yds at the rec center and met up with Kelly B for some friendly lane sharing swimming. It was a great way to start the day. Work was slow and 4pm seemed to take forever to roll around. When it did, the wind came with it. HOLY SNAP it was windy. I had a 13.5 mile run. Total suckola. Got home and talked to Jess a little bit... just whining and the like. I shouldn't complain - her week is monstrous! A lot of training to fit in around a very short amount of time. By the time I headed out, it was about 5:50pm...another late night.
Mike had an 8 miler and so I knew I would see him at some point today. I headed out in a skirt and a long sleeve but after 7 1/2 miles, I had to turn around, go home and change for the next 6. It was really coming down and I knew Mike was out there in just shorts and a flimsy jacket so I loaded up the car with warm clothes and went out to find him. Luckily, he was running where I thought he would be and gave him a warm jacket. At first he didn't want it and I was like, "Um, excuse me, I am in the middle of my workout here, take the damn jacket" and he did. :)
Finished up sometime around 8:30pm and it wasn't pretty - run time was about 2:15 but my legs are still recovering from the marathon just 8 days ago.

Today: slept in...SWEET! I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I only had a 24 mile OD ride tonight. Got on the bike and rode outside - cool but calm this time. NO wind. Finished in about 1:23 and I was really happy about that. However, I am still waiting for my fingers to warm up so I am typing numbly right now... nothing a little glass of wine (or 3!) won't warm up. I'm just waiting for Mike to get home from his 38 mile ride (yuck!) so we can chow down on some 'za... yummers!

3 comments:

BJ said...

wow...that's support if i've ever seen it. Not that you really should be wearing warm cloths this time of year, after Sunday's incredible weather. Nice job on the run...complain all you want, you deserve it, but when it comes down to it, you got out there and ran. You're going to face many, many more days like this...you just don't want to do it, the weather is awful and I'll put it off...but don't. It will benefit you in the end. You're getting stronger, you may not feel it, but it's happening...trust the plan.

Jackie said...

Kristina,

you are so mentally strong....I would have come in after the 6 miles and curled up in the chair !!!!!!

You will so rock IM MOO

jess said...

Wine saves all! It's a staple in my IM training, one glass a night makes you faster on race day. It also makes you bitch less so drink up sister!