What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, May 8, 2008

6 mile run, 29 mile bike, brand spanking new Polar!

I ran this morning with Mike's garmin to get a sense of my HR since I had lost my timex. Well, it's set in his zones so it didn't even read an actual heart rate. It did however, reflect perfectly my distance and pace. Whoah. Didn't need a HR monitor since I was running at a pretty sweet pace, 11 minute miles. Um, guess I am not fully recovered from the marathon. No worries...just takes time. Assuming I was in z1 the whole way, I trudged on. Took me 67 minutes to run 6 miles and I felt like I pulled my groin muslce. Cripes!

Ran to REI after work to pick up my new HRM, a Polar RS200 in red. LOVE IT! I'm happy again.


Rode 29 miles on the trainer in about 1:50 and felt really good. It was a slow start but got 12 minutes in at z4 and after that, z2 was not a problem. Watched Juno *again*

Finished just in time for Grey's Anatomy, some quesadillas and well deserved glass of wine *as always!*

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Good training, especailly after your marathon.....

I have always had Polars...love 'em !

Weather is hot here...will be riding all over the week-end....