What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Celebrating something bigger than Ironman

Today was our 6 year anniversary. I would love to say the past 6 years were full of bliss and sunshine and birds chirping, while squirrels and bunnies danced to an orchestra in a meadow but we're not a disney movie. Mike and I are real life. We fight, we disagree and we don't always get along but when I wake up in the morning, I know that I sleep next to *well, on the mornings I don't get scooted away to the guest bedroom due to snoring* the man that I was destined to spend my entire life with. Our marriage is a lot like Ironman training: it can take the wind out of your sails at times with unexpected conditions, long 'training days' and deep soul searching to answer the one question that lies within, Can I actually do this? but at the end of the day, the thought that always floats back to me is that of course I can do this, there is no other person that I would want to 'do this with.' He is the person I want to share my greatest joys and deepest pain with. We don't always see eye to eye and we may not always be on the same page, but we're in the same book, sometimes I'm chapters ahead, sometimes Mike is, occasionally we're in the same sentence... But we share a life of love, passion for adventure and for very few couples, we are sharing the journey of Ironman together. We dance to music that no one else hears but us... I love you Mike! Happy anniversary baby~

1 comment:

Belle said...

Happy Anniversary! Love, Michelle