What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, May 30, 2008

Finishing up week 13, half-way there...

Well, this week is almost to an end. Finally...4 day work weeks can tend to be a bit much as we Americans try to cram in an extra 8 hours of work across 4 days rather than just letting that day go all together. Well, I don't do that but it seems everyone around me does. *sigh* The europeans have it dead on with holidays and 6 weeks vacation minimum and long lunches!

So, last night I rode 28 miles in mostly z3 as I fought the wind from the west. It was so strong that all American flags were flying proudly, without waver, as the wind held them up. I had a 4 mile TT and loved hammering out the hills on the course I rode. It has nice rollers and depsite the wind, was very crowded with cyclists after 7pm. They all seemed to be going the other way though, the way 'home' as I headed further away from mine.

I got back around 7:45pm, downed some Endurox and took 'the kid' out for a 45 minute walk. It felt good to cool down and spend some time with Luna. She's been amazing throughout her recovery and gets stronger by the day. She's up to 23 minutes at hydrotherapy. She's so freaking cute to watch on the treadmill!

Had a hard time falling asleep, tossed and turned and when I finally felt like I was dreaming, my alarm went off at 4:45am. ARGH. Sleepily got up minutes later, brushed my teeth, threw on some clothes and headed to the gym. Swam 1350 of drills this morning. A nice easy workout although I could tell my HR was a little high. Need to work on that kick and slowing it down.

Tomorrow's adventures entail an easy 43 mile ride and a 2 mile run off the bike...Hopefully, NO WIND!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Six weeks holiday !!! I ONLY get 28 days.......

Enjoy the ride tomorrow.....so it hasn't rained today.....we have had consistent rain/wind since Saturday.......