What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, June 8, 2008

2 solid days of training & 1 day of rest

Friday was a great day! Swam 1900 in the morning after my horrid show at the Stroke n Stride. I needed to prove to myself that I can freakin' swim so I swam my drills and main set hard on Friday. I was a little tired after and that was awesome to feel that way. No more messin' around, oh hell yeah!

Rode 20 miles with Mike Friday night. It's been a long time since we've been able to do that together and it was fun. A really relaxing OD ride and off to bed for my big brick Saturday.

I hadn't felt like I've gotten in a long, hard saturday workout in awhile and Saturday did not disappoint. Met up with Jess at Coot Lake at 7:30am...she was doing her breakthrough ride, 125 miles and I was there to make 50 miles fly by. And fly by it did... I couldn't believe how much fun I could have riding in the wind. Jess is a great training partner and I will drag her ass on many of my swims, runs and rides after she finishes IMCdA, just 2 weeks away. At this point mentally, I'm really glad it's NOT me going... She nailed her ride, finishing up in about 7.5 hours...

Transitioned to my run gear and headed out for some running at the Boulder rez...in the past I've said I didn't especially like running there but for some reason yesterday, I did. Ran 12 miles in 2 hours (approximately as I misjudged the 10k loop) and was able to negative split the run. My legs felt goofy for about 5-6 minutes at first but then I was really able to settle in to the run. My main set was 4.5 miles in z3 and it was a nice challenge to push it. After all the swim drama, it was peaceful to get back to the thing I do best, running.

My brick took me 5 hours and 7 minutes. I felt like I really accomplished something yesterday and look forward to the even bigger Saturday workouts ahead. Next week, 100 mile ride. Cannot wait! Last year it took me 7 hours on this course...I expect my time to better.

Last night, Mike, BJ, Jess and I went to see Jess' sister, Susanne compete in a fitness competition. It's such a contrast to what a triathlete endures, looks like and eats. We chow down like pigs and drink as much water as we want and eat more carbs in 1 day than fitness and body builders eat in 6 months! Susanne did great though placing 2nd in the two categories she was competing in. She looked awesome and was definitely robbed! Afterwards, we went to Lola's and indulged in chips and guac and some margs on the rocks...yummers!

I slept in until 9:20am today...UNHEARD of and have been moving in slow motion ever since... I just don't want the day to end as I approach week 15. Looks a little something like this:

Swimming 5900 yards
Cycling 148 miles
Running 30.5 miles

I am definitely getting 2 open water swims this week. I need to tear this fear to shreds... Bring it on!

No comments: