What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, June 13, 2008

9 mile run, 18 mile ride, freakin' exhausted...

I was so tired this morning but somehow managed to get out of bed depsite 98% of me wanting to stay in it, 1% wanting to run, 1% needing to pee. Got my running gear on and headed out the door by sunrise. It was a cool and crisp morning and my legs weighed a ton. It wasn't the prettiest 9 mile run but somehow I managed to pull it off. My legs and feet were so sore from last night's efforts. Got home, got ready for work, threw on my Skins Recovery tights under my work clothes and left. Managed to lose 3 more toenails this week, one of which is SOOOO extremely painful (the polish toe - my family understands) and so wearing work heels was sheer torture. Hid flip flops under my desk and was barefoot most of the day.

Got home, took the kid for a walk and got ready for my ride with Mike. He took my bike back to Dean to get a tune-up and it came back squeaky clean, literally. I have the most annoying squeak and we can't figure it out... Mike messed around with it for awhile and hopefully I won't have to hear it tomorrow. If not, I will go insane. We rode 18 miles, tooling around Broomfield. It was a nice, casual ride.

1 more day of training and then stabilizer... I am dying...so tired. 100 miles tomorrow in Boulder county in an organized ride, the Sunrise Century. I did it last year - it's an awesome ride, very challenging and I am hoping to better my time of 7 hours. Weather looks pretty ideal and I'll get to hook up with my pal Annie, should be lots of fun. I love climbing and we'll riding above 9,000ft... The final 30 miles are wicked fast as we descend back into Boulder... I'm going to test the waters and run a mile off the bike to see how it feels. It's not on the plan but neither was panic at the reservoir this week - just another kaleidoscope moment...

No comments: