What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

psycho? maybe. a little.

I am getting really good at riding through crosswinds and can hold my balance pretty well. Tonight's ride was insane and at times, I felt perpendicular to the ground as my bike would swing out from under me. That dang wind makes you tough I tell you...I don't mind training in it but I am really really REALLY hoping it takes a vacation for race day. Which seems to be rapidly approaching. Shite. It seems like just yesterday I was 20 weeks out. Now. 10. holy shite. I definitely feel stronger on the bike than I did last summer. Making progress...that's good. Now to really focus on overcoming open water anxiety. I need to toughen up, shut up and go for it. [Will try to] stop overanalyzing and acting like a baby. Going to attack that again tomorrow night at the Stroke n' Stride. I picked out my outfit. If nothing else, I'll look totally cute.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Is it really only 10 weeks before IM MOO?

We have our air tickets all booked.....

You are a training star.....

See you next week

Travel safe...

knopfler said...

Here is another mind game:
don't look at it like you are the runner crossing into the swimmer's realm.
Instead: You are Amanda Beard and are going to kick everyone's ass. Then rub it in hard when you get the shoes on.

just a thought... doesn't work for me ;).