What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summertime storms

Well, it's official. Summer is here and in Colorado, that can mean late afternoon storms...and plenty of them. Fortunately, I dodged the bullet with some black clouds and sprinkle showers but it sure was a windy bike ride. Rode 25 miles, mostly z2. I have a new plan of attack on increasing my speed. I have a new bike computer (my anniversary present!) that maintains my RPM's (repetitions per minute). I want to ride 85rpm's or higher (unless I'm climbing) while staying in my HR zone. It's working so far and I am a little sore. I am definitely happier as a 70rpm-in-the-big-chain-ring kind of girl but that's not going to help me at Ironman.

Finished up the night with chicken, mushroom and onion quesadillas, avocado slices and lots of water. Need to get bed asap as I have a 2500 yard endurance swim tomorrow, with lots of drills and then tomorrow night, a 34 mile ride. It's going to be a looooong day....

1 comment:

BJ said...

Sounds like someone is in Build... but don't fret, i'll be back in Build before you know it. Get in what you can now, because there will be days you just can't, or just don't want to do a workout.