What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, July 21, 2008

45 Mile ride

I had NO business riding 45 miles tonight but I had to rearrange the plan and this is how it worked out. The first 8 miles were ROUGH as my legs were still really sore from yesterday. It was windy and very overcast. It was hot but with no sun and tons of cloud cover, it was completely bearable. I headed out at 5:30 and arrived home around 8:15. I am pooped but am so grateful to my legs -0h-thank-you-legs-for-being-so-strong!

The ride was very uneventful *thankfully* and when I got home, Mike was already making dinner - thank you honey!! Our good friend Mariano was over and so we had some time to catch up with him (Mike had more time than I did!!)

BIG day tomorrow... up at 4:30 so I can swim my biggest set yet - 3,350 yards. Then after work, a sweet 18 mile run. It's going to be the day that never ends... I am so desperately trying to "live in the moment" but secretly I can't wait for Sunday (rest day.)

Off to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzz's....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am in even more awe of you when I read what you did today after Sunday's race !!!!