What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, July 11, 2008

The power of massage

After what seemed like FOREVER, I was finally able to get in to see Jessica. She has an amazing gift as a massage therapist and knows muscles like no other therapist I've even been to. As an endurance athlete and IRONMAN, she talks the talk because she's walked the walk and that makes what she does even more amazing.

We worked out knots and kinks and pains that I have held in my legs and back and shoulders for almost 6 weeks. I am not sure how that much time got between my appointments but we definitely ammended that. Every 2 weeks or so here on out leading up to Ironman. Prior to meeting her, I could count on one hand how many times in my life I have had massage. I have NO idea how I made it through 8 years of marathoning without this catching on.
Thankfully, Jess has shown me the light.
She asked me if I had made the face during my massage - it's one of sheer agony and terror because of how deep the therapist goes into your muscles. I couldn't even breathe, let alone make that face. I was concentrating on staying alive so I hope that tells you how good she is!

Got up this morning completely relaxed and feeling terrific for my swim - 2450 yds of tempo. Had a super swim and was done in almost an hour. I am definitely getting faster which is sooooo encouraging! Opted to drop the 33 mile OD ride and save it all for tomorrow's brick - 64mile ride/15mile run. Forecast looks fantastic with a high near 80. It's been HIGH 90's all week so ... IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!

No comments: