What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Would have preferred a pedicure or manicure but...

...pretty nails won't get me across that finish line... so instead, I opted to get my ass out of bed at 4:30am (after getting home at 10:15pm from a delightful night at Vita - eating yummy food and enjoying great company) despite the fact that I tossed and turned all night and probably got a solid 4 hours of sleep. Big day today. BIG DAY. Lots of mental obstacles to work through...

My longest swim yet - 3150 with a 1400 continuous main set. I was a little nervous at first, thinking I would have to rely on gadgets to keep me afloat but "the click" was there and I swam my first, EVER, 1400 freestyle yards in a pool, non-stop. I was so psyched. and exhausted. Oh boy, did my butt drag for the rest of the day... but it was worth it. All of it. Every single ounce of pain and sleepy, drooly, non-coherent moment of it... What a great day!! SUCCESS!

It dragged some at work and I really wanted to sneak away for a car nap but that idea got away from me and before I knew it, I was on my way home. Contemplating my 42 mile OD ride. I could bag it. A total option I was heavily weighing... but that dang little voice in my head kept saying *If you have the opportunity to train, DO IT because you may not get to when you really want to* Argh.

Tinkered around for a few minutes when I got home, procrastinated and then finally lost my battle and got into my cycling clothes. The game of "maybe I'll only go X amount of miles" began... the only way I knew that I would do this ride would be to go out exactly 21 miles and turn around. There's no bargaining in that. So, that's exactly what I did. Well, 20.5 miles to be exact. Arrived home at 8:25pm after finishing 41 miles on the bike. It was a great ride. Another SUCCESS!

I am thoroughly and utterly exhausted...............but am pleased with my efforts today!! Thank goodness for my massage tomorrow. Hooray!!! So long overdue...

4 comments:

jess said...

Dude, I so would have bagged that ride but maybe its just my sedentary state of mind right now. You are so freaking in it, I'm excited for you but not envious.

You'll be thanking yourself in Wisconsin when you cash in your months of training. Oh my you are going to have an incredible race. I bet you kick my ass by 2 hours.

Jackie said...

You are my inspiration.....I will treat you to a manicure and pedicure after your cross that finish line in Madison !!!!!

BJ said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Really, c'mon now. Longest swim, work all day, Finished your planned OD ride. That's the stuff that makes you laugh at race day. Your so prepared now, just from reading your blog I can tell your mind has shifted to another level. And that's really the key. Mental training. So keep at it. Your almost there. And trust me, these workouts will pay off. Especially down the road when you'll need to summon some strength that you never thought you had.

I'm stoked for you...own it!

Go.2.Belle said...

hm. take time for pedicures. Consider: a rested mind/body performs well, don't diss the down time...it helps the mind plan the next phase. (ps. love my purple toes!) I'd gladly pay for your pedicure today....