What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, August 7, 2008

2.27 Miles...

all swim baby, all me, all z2..it wasn't the fastest time (1 hour, 40 minutes) and it certainly wasn't the warmest water (froze my arse off as my pool is typically 89 degrees and this was one was about 75-77 degrees) but it certainly was the best [continuous] swim of my life. I couldn't bare to go the extra 224 yards needed to get to 2.4 miles because my teeth were chattering so hard but the thing is, I know I CAN go the extra 224 yards... I know swimming in open water is much different physically but it was good to know what my body will feel like after being horizontal in the water after 100 minutes. I am being realistic when I say I think that will be close to my IM swim time and you know what? I am super happy with that goal! No matter what happens come September 7th, I can never be accused of not giving 110%. Tonight was a huge, huge victory.

4 comments:

knopfler said...

that's what I'm talkin' 'bout sista'!

psg said...

You've had it in you all along. Nice!

Mike said...

proud of you kid!! positive thoughts only!

Jackie said...

Eat your heart out Michael Phelps, Kristina is on a roll !