What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, August 15, 2008

Oops. Must have "forgot" to set my alarm

Ok, most likely sub-consciously did NOT set the alarm. After last night's massage, which was INCREDIBLE (thanks Jess!), I was so sleepy and all I wanted to do was cuddle into bed and sleep for hours... I was supposed to get up at 4:30am to go for a 2900 yard swim.

Luna woke me up and it still appeared dark out and it was raining and so I thought I still had time, and plenty of it before my alarm was due to go off. Somehow, I managed to get up and saw that it was 5:50am. OOPS. I hadn't set the alarm. The beauty of it? I know I can swim that distance and I am still sore from my race Sunday. Craig told me to protect the long run and tomorrow's long ride at all costs, skipping workouts if I needed to. No problem. I have slacked some of the shorter stuff and feel totally ok with it.

So, today is an unofficial rest day and I will stretch out my hamstrings and hips before tomorrow's epic 125 mile ride. The forecast? Not so good - it's looking like a high of 60 with rain all day. I have been told by a couple people to skip it and ride Sunday, where the forecast is nicer. However, I need to know I could ride in this weather because 2 or 3 years ago, the weather for Ironman Wisconsin was identical. There is no controlling mother nature. I think she's trying to tell me to HTFU so come rain or shine tomorrow, I am breaking through...

No comments: