What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sunday/Monday/Tuesday Recap

After the longest day from hell on Saturday, ideally Sunday would have been a great day to do one thing. NOthing. However, that wasn't possible... Spent 7 hours at the Venus de Miles, an all women's organized ride up in Longmont. It was a ton of fun - hanging out with Skirts: Chris and Petra, even managed some hang time with Nicole DeBoom. The weather was beautiful and there were over 650 women riders - the event was a huge success and I was happy to be a part of it.

Zipped over to Coach's house for some last minute IM talk before heading home for a 5 mile run and then getting ready for Jack Johnson at Red Rocks The concert was phenomenal - I had one too many GIANT beers and finally got to bed around 11:30pm. I was exhausted but had a great weekend despite everything I crammed into it.

Monday was uneventful and I opted to go to yoga as I enter my last week of peak. Not having done it in almost 4 months proved painful and I still ache. Felt so good though to cleanse the body and the mind.

Tuesday I met up with Mike and the Wilson's at Union rez. Swam 2400 and took my time doing so. Wasn't in the mood to push it and Chris did her best to nudge me and swim inches from me to get me used to that kind of contact. It's tough because all I wanted to do was giggle when she would nudge me, and then I would steer clear of her til she found me again. I won't be so willing to giggle at Ironman though, I can tell you that... I will nudge right back!


As I enter my final week of peak and get ready to taper, I notice that life is slowly returning to normal. I have time to do things like pay bills and walk the dog. I look back and think how the hell did I get through Build...it's really all about discipline. How bad do I want it? BAD!

No comments: