What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In a funk

As expected, just a mere week and a half after Ironman, I am in a wicked funk. After taking 7 FULL days off of any type of working out, I thought I was ready to get back to doing something. Monday I ran 8 miles and although slow, it just felt good to be moving. Was a little achey, moreso in my joints but it was a gorgeous evening and I reveled in the fresh air. Yesterday, I got on my road bike and felt pretty good. Much better than the run... got in 20 miles and felt satisfied with the effort. Just trying to ease back into things. Today - nothing. I had no desire to do anything so I took Luna for a 45 minute walk. Work is really stressful - I happen to be employed by one of the major financial firms that has been all over the news and was part to blame for the Dow dipping 500 points Monday. I am not excited with the uncertainty of our future, but for now, at least I have a job. All of this combined - post race blues, body fatigue, money woes...well, it adds up for a nice little mental disaster. I am just trying to take it all one day at a time but I am no peach to be around, let me tell you. Just feeling like being alone, a lot. I really hate times like this although this is a path I seem to be a frequent visitor of...

2 comments:

knopfler said...

good flick to get you outta funki-ville for a bit: "Definitely, Maybe".

Chris and I watched it 2 nights in a row. Sucker for the daddy/daughter thing...

Cristen aka Payne D. Spencer said...

Dude - you're fine. It's okay to feel a funk from time to time. Just remember - you have done something that few have ever dreamed of....you are an IRONMAN!!! Work will recover...you will snap out of it. But, in the meantime - your doggie will love you for the long walks!!