What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, September 28, 2008

This week was all about running.

Wow. something I haven't done in over 7 months. To only run for the week. no swimming. no biking. no yoga. It felt so strange and I definitely felt like I did nothing. Clearly, nothing to me may be very different than nothing to you. But, as usual, it's all relative.

Monday - rest.
Tuesday - ran 8 miles.

Wednesday - rest.
Thursday - ran 6 miles.
Friday - ran 4 miles.
Saturday - ran 20 miles.
Sunday - rest.

I can't remember the last time I ran 4 times during the week and I certainly can't remember the last time I ran 38 miles in 1 week. and all that rest? ick. although, I really needed it. I am still feeling post-Ironman effects on my hips/inner thighs when I run. and my dogs are tired and sore too.

This week will be different. Definitely will ride 1 day and will get some swimming in next weekend. Hooray! I have to wait for my tattoo to heal and next weekend will be 3 weeks. I cannot wait to get in the pool...yet, another foreign feeling to me. Post-IM is such a strange time and place as I slowly try to find my way back into the 'normal world.' I am anxious to get back to a structured workout schedule and after the Denver marathon, I will be putting myself on one. I work out better that way.

No comments: