What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Another marathon
















Wow, I have to admit, training for a marathon is like taking a vacation. I feel like I have done nothing these past 6 weeks and I am not stressed, scared or even worried about my race tomorrow. Ironman does some twisty things to the mind. I honestly feel that tomorrow I am finally going to get my first decent workout in since Ironman. Good grief, I'm demented.

Mike and I will decide tomorrow morning but we'll be running with either the 3:50 or 4:00 hour pace group. We are hoping to come in somewhere right in between but our goal is sub-4 hours. I feel really rested, that's for sure. The weather is going to be PERFECT - ideal - starting in the high 40's and we'll probably finish in the high 60's. Last year was miserable so I am excited that Mother Nature has decided to redeem herself. I went to Costco and Target today and stocked up on post-marathon snacks... you name it, we have it. We plan on spending the afternoon in our pj's, laying with Luna, watching bad tube, eating bad food and enjoying beer(s). That's the upside to a marathon, it doesn't take up 14 hours of your day!

The Denver Marathon

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Can't wait to see the photos....

Sounds like you had a great day out there......