What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall is definitely here in Colorado!

The leaves have changed and the air has grown cooler. It's sharp and crisp. I love (and not so love) this time of year. It's fun to nuzzle up in a fleece blanket in front of the fireplace and watch a movie with Mike while drinking a glass of red wine BUT... I don't care so much for bundling up to go for a run or throwing my bike on the trainer because it's too cold outside and is getting dark earlier. It's just a few months I know, but I just love summer.

Thursday night, I finally FINALLY had a solid run. It was only 6.4 miles but it feels like my hips are finally getting it together. I am in desperate need of a massage which I am getting Tuesday but am also desperate for some stretching. One thing I have not been doing lately. That explains a lot of why my hips are so tight. I also keep reading a lot about compression socks and just may try it - I know you can get them just about anywhere and it's supposed to be amazing for recovery. Just may check that out this weekend, in time for the marathon next.

Tonight, I threw the bike on the trainer and rode for an hour - caught an episode of It's Always Sunny in Phildelphia - hands down, our favorite comedy! An absolute must see on F/X - It's hilarious - anyways, watched some Grey's too. Worked up a good sweat and felt strong. I am really going to work on cadence this winter. I want to get my average MPH on the bike up 1.5mph from this season so lots of strength training ahead.

Tomorrow, Mike and I are running 10m and then errands. Typical weekend. We're also going to "watch" our coach and friend - Craig Howie compete at the Ironman World Championship in Kona. You can track his progress live all day, starting at 11am MST. Despite 3 broken ribs and lots of bruises and bangs from the accident just 9 or 10 days ago - he is there. Wow!! What a tough guy. I mean, seriously. The mental strength he is going to have to have in order to stay focused and manage not only the physical pain of Ironman itself, but his injuries from being hit by a car? He is a stud, no doubt about it. Good luck friend! We know a few other amazing athletes that are in Kona and we are going to have fun tracking them as well.

No comments: