What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some running and some more running

Ran 13.5 miles on Sunday. The schedule called for 15 but it just wasn't happening. My feet hurt pretty bad and my hips were still troubling me. My good friend Runner Chick told me that she felt better right around 6 weeks after Ironman. That is perfect as the Denver Marathon will be exactly 6 weeks post-IM. I am hoping for a minor miracle that day ...to be able to go out and run like a bat out of hell. We'll just see what happens. It will be fun regardless and I know the weather can't possibly be worst than last year so I've got that going for me.

Took Monday off and ran 8 yesterday. It was like I was a new person. Legs felt good, hips didn't trouble me too much and my feet felt better. I think it was the padded socks I was wearing. It still took me about 5 miles to loosen up and after that I was able to run much faster. I haven't used my HR monitor since Ironman so I am not sure where my fitness is at right now. I am planning on replacing it this weekend so I at least have something to distract me at the race next weekend.

Today I went for a nice little 20 mile ride. It felt awesome to be outside - we have really warm weather still but apparently that's about to change this weekend. boohoo! I have been loving my road bike and it's going to get a lot of use over the winter.

Tomorrow is another run - 6 miles. Hoping that will feel as good as yesterday's. It's tough to stay motivated right now with work going the way it is - in case you haven't figured out, I work for one of the biggest Wall Street firms. Every day I come from work fully exhausted mentally in dealing with worried sick clients who are nearing or at retirement. This too shall pass... we just need to all hang in there. But damn it's rough.

No comments: