What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Willow is home.

Wow - these past 4 days have been insane. I absolutely 100% forgot how much work puppies are. I am dead tired and have only been able to sneak in a few workouts but the thing is, I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I just want to be with Willow and Luna.

I am having an extremely difficult time adjusting to Willow having lost Josey. I am ridiculously overprotective and cautious, having total nerotic episodes and crazy anxiety. I feel horribly guilty when I have to leave her. I keep calling Luna Josey and Willow Luna. I broke down today at the neighborhood petstore and cried for almost 20 minutes straight. I love the women at Muttz. They understand what it feels like to lose a pet and then get a puppy and they have rotties. I feel like I don't know how to take care of her. They assured me I am doing everything right. I seriously doubt myself and I am dreading leaving tomorrow to go to work. I know this will pass but I don't ever remember feeling like this with Josey OR Luna. UGH.


So, I have spilled it. I am a mess. Luna is too. She doesn't really like Willow right now and that sucks to watch. I know she will get used to her, just like Josey got used to Luna. It takes a little time but I am so impatient. I feel so out of touch with everyone right now as my life revolves around caring for this special little girl and being sure that our special bigger girl feels equally loved and paid attention to. As I choke up typing, I probably should get to bed. I so need the sleep. Willow is so awesome though - she has a sweet personality and is so fun and playful and downright precious when she sleeps... such an angel.

2 comments:

Go.2.Belle said...

Hey Puppy Momma. Being "in charge" is always challenging....with pups, babes, etc. Being "that go to" can be hard. Knowing what sleep dep. is like, I wish you luck. Your beautiful goddaugher still wakes up most night between 3a - 4a at 8 years. K is now 56 dog years, fyi......zzzzz.......

Michaelson Family said...

I love your new photos. She is adorable and looks so tiny! I wish I could see her in person.
Kristina, You are such a good dog owner. She is lucky to have you!