What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, November 3, 2008

Going with the flow

or at least trying to. It sure isn't easy for this OCD Scorpio. I am getting better with each passing day and tons of supplements to ease anxiety and stress. Willow is getting into a routine although it's because Mike and I are putting her on one, not that she's "getting it." She'll still pee where she wants, when she wants. We just are vigilant about taking her outside every 15-20 minutes and repeating "go potty" over and over. It's tiring and I really hope she gets it soon!

I have been sneaking in workouts - or at least that's what it feels like because the thought of having to return Willow to the kennel so I can go and enjoy myself outside, well, I feel so guilty. She's liking the crate OK but I just want her to be able to play and be a puppy and run around like a crazy terror. Luna is also starting to come around and actually lets Willow lay near her or play with her. It's fun to watch them interact. I have nicknamed Willow lil midge because she is like a midget version of Luna.


I completed my first of 12 weeks of marathon training and it went really well. Did hill repeats last Tuesday and had a tempo run Thursday. Ran 14 miles on Sunday despite having one of my worst hangovers of the past year. We had a triathlon team pasta party Saturday night and I drank too much red wine and didn't eat enough pasta! It was so much fun though and I love hanging out with everyone. Of course, by the end of the night I realized that I didn't get to talk to everyone as much as I wanted and wished there was more time to spend together. Although, given the state I was in, I am sure those that I didn't get to chat with too much weren't all that concerned about it. haha.

Rode the trainer today for 45 minutes with Mike - got in a good workout. I made myself work really hard and managed to get a good sweat going. I know I got my HR up and I want to continue to have short training rides like that. I also made another decision today about next year's racing schedule.

I had been thinking about this for a few days but I decided I want to do a second Iron distance race next year. I registered for the Great Floridian, which is in Clermont, FL - the same city my sister lives in. It's the day after my birthday and just 6 weeks after Wisconsin. I know it will be tough but I also know that I can do it. For me, it will be the greatest birthday gift I could ever give myself. I love the challenge and can't wait to see what happens. I'm crazy, I know...but life is too short to not at least give something like this a try. Training for this marathon right now is killing me because I feel like I am totally slacking and not getting in good workouts. AM I ALONE IN THIS IRRATIONAL THINKING??

2 comments:

beej30 said...

um...yeah, what are you thinking? i might have said this...once, twice, maybe a few times...2 ironmans in one year is something i wouldn't do again, the mental and physical drain is big. With that said, you can do it, and it will be a test of your self to see just how far you can bend, and not break. Watch the signs, and take extra care of yourself during the training. It will be the key to staying healthy and continuing to get all your workouts in.

Good Luck!

knopfler said...

not crazy - not anymore crazy anyway.
let's talk Floridian.