What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, November 10, 2008

Life is speeding by...

and all I see is a giant blur. Time is flying but where is it going? I don't recall doing anything other than sleeping, working, puppy sitting, repeat. Right now, life is all about routine. It has to be strict in order for Willow to establish her own routine. She has the world's tiniest bladder so I spend much of time thinking about her next trip outside to "go potty."

Somehow, I have managed to get in my workouts - this weekend was really great actually. Rode the trainer for 2 hours followed by a 3 mile run off the ride and then ran 15 miles the other day. 5 hours total and it made me feel really good about myself. Haven't felt that way in awhile post-Ironman. Post IM blues are definitely tough to shake.

Had dinner Saturday night with K,J,&K and had a blast. It was so great to catch up and giggle. One of the K's is moving to Arizona and we're all sad about that even though it's a really great thing for her! And for us -- when it's so cold here and we need to escape to warmer weather! Expect visitors Mathis~

Took today off from working out and instead, ran Willow to the ER again. Her stomach looked unnaturally bloated. She peed about 4-5 times in an hour. I was panicked, worried and it turns out probably delusional. I am overprotective and paranoid about her. I feel like my rationale is getting away from me. I hate this feeling and want so badly to be less worried but it's so dang hard! The vet was really sweet though, offered to take $170 worth of xrays. Um, no thanks. I just need more sleep I think although the little midge has gained 4lbs in 2 weeks. OY!
Tomorrow is some speedwork. yay. NOT!

1 comment:

Trina aka Doll said...

I was talking to a friend last night who is a pediatrician. She said all of her training goes out the door when it's her kids. Last week she was convinced her youngest had diabetes because he was peeing too much....it must be going around (just like Willow he was fine). It must be the cost of caring! Here's hoping her bladder is growing!