What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, November 17, 2008

Wishing I could get lost for awhile.


Have you ever felt like you wanted to get lost from your life for a little while? Just take the wrong train home, or street to work, or route to the grocery store and just end up in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but your quiet thoughts and the sound of your own breathing? Just for a few hours really... I don't want to leave my life altogether but these past few weeks have been rough. With a new puppy at home and the financial markets doing horrible things, work and home are really taking it's toll on me.

We just found out that Willow may have been born with a birth defect and she may have Diabetes Insipidus. Basically, she may not have the ability to produce an antidiuretic hormone that helps her concentrate her urine. Not having this hormone causes her to drink and pee excessively. It can be life threatening if she doesn't have unlimited access to water. There is a medicine that could help her produce this hormone and she starts it tomorrow. If it works, then she will start to behave like a normal puppy and not pee up to 30 times a day...yes, 30! It's not 100% certain she has DI but it's about 98%. It's all very overwhelming to me as I try to cope with knowing that her treatment will be crucial for her to receive every day, for the rest of her life.

So, for now... I dream of getting lost for a few minutes, into the peace and quiet of a winter day, just me and my thoughts and my quieted breathing...until Willow wakes me up to go outside. I'll get through this, I know I will, I am just so very tired...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry for all the craziness right now. Willow will be alright regardless, she is yours for a reason, she was meant for you.

Now, what's up with the picture...it's wicked scary!! Like that girl has no face or her eyes cry blood.

Jackie said...

Kristina, this will all pass ...Willow will be fine...

I have to say I am wondering what else will happen to me.....just about to leave for the airport...we'll call from Tempe....don't worry EVERYTHING will be fine.

Go.2.Belle said...

I know the feeling.