What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Serious slacktivity on the blog

How is it that it's winter = cold, more indoor time essentially and I have managed to go over a week without posting? Good grief. It's actually all about the dogs right now I suppose. They get all evening (post-workout) and by the time I drag my butt to the computer, it's time for bed. I have spent a lot of time on Facebook where I have reconnected with so many friends from the past. It's been so fun! but soooo addicting.

Just to catch up - I have been DILIGENT about following the marathon training plan, speedwork and all. I am definitely seeing results in my long runs. Ran 15 over the weekend and managed to come in right under 2 1/2 hours, 2:28 I think. In the previous months, a 15 mile training run would have taken between 2:35 and 2:40. Mike ran his in like, 2:20?! That's sick to me... he is getting remarkably faster as he hits these longer distances. I am a new fan of speedwork.

I have also spent quite a bit of time in the weightroom at the gym. I am currently focusing on upper body strength and really like the results. I am going to start a masters swim class next week [READ: SCARED S**TLESS] and so I want a little edge by getting stronger shoulders and arms all around. I dread getting started on the lower body. I hate that ridiculous 3 day sore feeling you get after your first serious set of lunges and squats. That, I will definitely continue to procrastinate on doing...

In between I have been finding time to snag an hour here or there on the trainer. A typical weekend is a 2 hour training ride on Saturday and my long run on Sunday. This Sunday is a big one - 20 miles. I need to get new running shoes too - I am still in the same pair I ran in at Ironman. Needless to say, there are quite a few miles on them and it's starting to affect my feet. I am in the Nike Air Pegasus and I must admit, I am a HUGE fan.

Willow is keeping me really busy - she's so fun, getting into everything, discovering so much of the outside world on our 30-45 minute walks. They're not walks really but push, pull and drags. Not sure who is in charge when we go. She has a very distinct personality and is a real lover and cuddle bug. Luna really adores her and the feeling is definitely mutual. It's still so hard to believe that in a mere 19 days, it will already be 1 year that we lost Josey to cancer. I know they say time heals all wounds, but all it has done for me is make me miss her more than ever. It's a tough holiday for me and I am not all that thrilled about Christmas. I just want to get through it and onto the New Year, which offers up so much hope and joy and new adventures in the Freisem household.

I have started planning next year's race schedule too. It's going to be a fun year!

No comments: