What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Some day, we will be together again

It is true. It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. 365 days ago, I lost a love so special to me, Josey. I still cannot talk about my feelings and I cannot put into words my pain. I have done my best to grieve and keep on living. Each day grows easier but I will miss her forever. Luna loved her big sister so much and I only wish Willow could have known her. I believe in some ways, Josey came back to us, through Willow. Funny little mannerisms, her wavy hair, soulful eyes. Mike, Luna and Willow have gotten me through the worst of it and I know it is time to start making new memories, live in the present instead of being sad for the past. I feel Josey with us, always...she was able to show me the true meaning of unconditional love. How lucky was I? Not many people can say that.

I found this beautiful and simple poem and wanted to share it will all the Mommy's and Daddy's of 4 legged children.

--------------------------------------
The day they laid you down to sleep
I prayed to the Lord your soul he'll keep
Until the appointed day and time
when together we'll meet and all will be fine

With all God's, creatures great and small
go run and play now, have a ball
No more aches and no more pain
just bright sunshine, no more rain

Rest in peace, for now best friend
cradled in God's arms, to the end
Dream of that special, day and time
when we'll meet at the Bridge, one last time

Although we'll be separated, for a long time
we'll be together then, and all will be fine
We'll cross Rainbow Bridge, side by side
with a soft warm feeling, deep down inside

Once again then, all will be fine
we're together forever, till the end of time
-- John Quealy

1 comment:

annie said...

KF - what a sweet picture of you & Josey. I know you miss her terribly...she knows it too & misses you just as much, I am sure. Am thinking about you today. Hug Luna & Willow extra tight tonight.