What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving week

We have so much to be thankful for! I just want to start off with some good news - Willow is FINE. It turns out there is nothing wrong with her. This past week has been dramatically different - less accidents etc. We are so relieved! She is a handful and so much fun (and a lot of work!!) Luna loves her and they really seem to love each other! And those 2 LOVE to eat!

Last week went by rather quickly- holiday weeks typically do. Last Tuesday was my first night on the treadmill - Twelve 1/4 mile repeats. Oh dear Lord, did I think I was going to die, or throw up at the very least. I managed to complete my entire speedwork set - I have no idea how I managed to do it. My legs were shaky, I was sweating like a pig and starving by the end of that workout. Although short (roughly 5 1/2 miles), I pushed my own limits and managed to walk out of the gym in one piece. Barely.

Mike and I ran our 18 miler together (mostly) on Thanksgiving morning in anticipation of the food feast we would be having later on at the Gumkowski's. The weather was cold and windy. Mike and I both managed to get severe windburn to our faces. (I am peeling now, yuck.) I managed to run 18 miles in just under 3 hours - 2:58 to be exact. That made me so happy as I felt like the last 5 miles I was crawling through mud. Mike got home before me -- that is really awesome too. He is definitely getting stronger AND faster!

After that, we headed over to Jess and BJ's for Thanksgiving. Susy met up with us and the animals definitely outnumbered the humans. 6 dogs, 5 people and 1 cat. It was a really fun time!!

Friday was a short work day and I headed over to the gym for a swim. Well, it was more like a freeze fest. I think the pool is somewhere in the mid 70s and so I spent more time in the hot tub warming up than I did in the pool. Suited me fine though as I was exhausted still from the previous day's run.

Saturday morning, I spent some time on the trainer and headed over to see magic hands Jess and got a much needed and overdue massage. After that, I headed to Home Depot and picked out some paint and just like that, between Saturday and Sunday, repainted the entire entryway stairway walls. They went from a dim and dark maroon to a bright and soothing green. It's so much calmer and nicer.

Sunday, after the painting frenzy, I headed back to the gym for a short tempo run - 4 miles and weights. Yes, weights people. I don't want my arms turning to flab so I spent about an hour in the weight room. Loved it - came home starving (again) and just chilled for the rest of the afternoon with the girls and Mike. I love Sundays!!

Today is a much needed rest day. Ahhh, and time to catch up on some things on the computer. I can't believe it's December 1st either. WHERE DID 2008 GO??

1 comment:

BCMT said...

How does the hallway look? photos please. I love change!