What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The mental massacre called... THE TAPER

Not much went on this week. Some swimming, some time on the trainer and less time running. I am not a big fan of taper. I know my body needs the rest - it has to after continuous pounding and hours of tearing down the muscles but mentally, it really screws with me. I am at a comfortable weight now and when I gain 2-3lbs, I can feel it and know exactly where it is. So, I tend to sneak in workouts where I can – whether it’s going for extra long walks with the dogs or parking my car far, far away… but one thing I still won’t do is take the stairs. Uh-uh, no way. I am not THAT desperate…

No comments: