What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year

New Year's Eve was low-key. Mike and I cooked enough food for our entire town despite the fact that it was just the 2 of us. We rang in the new year (almost, 10 minutes shy by falling asleep at 11:50pm) with some movies, ridiculously delicious IPA's and great food. It was a really fun night.

I woke up on New Year's day (ok, at 4am on the couch completely disoriented, remember those ridiculously delicious IPA's?) and went up to bed. Ahh, the bed. Around 8am or so, we got up and I woke up [this time] with a sense of direction and purpose. Something I haven't felt in a loooooong time.

I have been in therapy for a month now and I am starting to feel 'different.' It's nice to talk with someone who is 100% in your corner and empathetic to EVERYTHING you think, feel and say. I am working through a lot of stuff, built up through the years. I want 2009 to be about "letting go."

2009 is going to be a wonderful year, even better than 2008. Depsite all the wonderful adventures and accomplishments and feelings of joy 2008 brought me, I am more hopeful and excited for the year that lies ahead- it's just that simple. I am anxious for each new day and each new chance I have at living this life I was given, or that I have chosen -depending on how you see it. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and you are to learn a lesson from each situation. Let's just hope I don't have TOO many lessons to learn this year...

No comments: