What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, January 30, 2009

Settling in and finding some balance.

I am 100% recovered from the marathon, especially after my wonderful massage last weekend. Right now, I am "in between training" and it's a difficult place to be for me. My next marathon isn't until May and we don't officially start Ironman training until the mid-March. I guess I feel like I am in limbo right now and am just trying to settle into that feeling. Life right now is extremely casual and unpredictable and downright fun and busy! I am giving myself permission to take a break from being intense and deeply focused on training. I need this mentally as well as physically.

The next few weeks will be about developing a strong swimming base, as I already have the running and cycling down. I am hoping to at least make it to Core Power yoga a few times so I can make an attempt to stretch my muscles out. I am dropping down to working out 5 days a week for now so I can get caught up on my personal life. This year, I want more balance in my life. Our basement is currently in the process of being finished. After almost 4 years of talking about it, we’re actually able to do it. We are hoping to have it completely done by the time mid-march rolls around so that we can have a relaxing cave to retreat to after hard days of training. We’re really excited about that.

So, for now… I am taking it easy and embracing my freedom before it gets handed over to Ironman…

No comments: