What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A little bit of everything

This past week has been difficult to get in workouts with all the renovating going on in the basement. We managed to get the basement ready though for tomorrow. The floor is going in! I love it - the basement aka Underground Lounge is going to be a very peaceful and restful place despite having a workout room built in. We are thinking 2-3 more weeks of finishing work and then the furniture arrives. Finally.

So, I managed to get a small run in yesterday - 3 miles on the treadmill Friday and 1250 meters in the pool. The swim workout was probably my best in months. I really worked on my hip rotation and relaxing. I'm ready to get back at it.

Today, another trainer ride ahead of me with a long run tomorrow. I am starting to get antsy for spring since we had a few days of really warm weather a few weeks ago. I love springtime - new birth, growth, so many changes... I love changes and embrace them especially as I get older. I feel like I am entering a new phase of my life, especially in these past few months. I have done some serious soul searching and I am making a lot of progress in figuring out who I am and who I want to be...maybe even realizing that they actually may be one in the same. I have surrounded myself with wonderful and supportive people and have come to learn that I don't have time or room for those that bring me down. Life is good right now and I am going to continue to enjoy each day that comes...

No comments: