What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The past few days

Last week was a blur. When I stop to think about what I did, well, I actually have a hard time remembering. It was extremely busy at work and then Willow was spayed on Thursday. She's doing great, better than great actually and it's really annoying. She needs to stay calm, not run around, not jump and not play. So that means only 1 thing. CRATE. She hates it but she would have torn out her stitches day 1 if she wasn't in it. Poor kid. She'll be back on the prowl come Wednesday - I can't wait and I know neither can she!!

I don't remember if I worked out Wednesday or Thursday but I do know I rode the trainer Friday for 50 minutes. Nothing too exciting but I wasn't really feeling like doing much of anything so it was at least something. We're not on any sort of plan and every day we wake and ask ourselves, what should we do today? Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

Saturday I woke up and I knew I wanted to do a brick. Haven't done one of those since early December so I was looking forward to it. It was a bit too chilly for my taste so I rode the trainer for 2 hours while watching P.S. I Love You - a wonderful romance. Then, threw on my Nike's and headed out for a 6.4 mile run. Legs felt great. I definitely miss that tired feeling of going on a run after a ride. My muscles are nice and loose. Got home and stretched a little and then went shopping.

Mike and I stimulated the economy by purchasing laminate flooring for our almost-finished basement along with all of the furniture going in it. This week we will be painting at night with high hopes of putting the floor down next weekend. [READ: Mike will be doing the flooring.] We picked out the colors today and are excited to get working on the "man-cave." It's going to be a cool place that we will most likely spend ALL of our time in come IM training-time.

Today, we went to the gym and I did 30 minutes of cardio - 2o minutes on the treadmill alternating every 1/10th of a mile with sprints or hills and then 10 minutes on the stairclimber. I followed that up with 15 minutes of stretching. Headed to the weight room and spent another 35 minutes in there working on upper body before calling it quits. Not sure what's in store for tomorrow. The tentative plan is to get up at 4:30am so I can swim before work since we'll be painting tomorrow night. OR it may be a rest day. We'll just wake up and see...

No comments: