What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, February 20, 2009

The past few days

I am starting to get a little anxious about 10 days off from working out. I know I will be OK and my body needs this recovery but mentally, I am not sure what's going to happen. I need that endorphin release. I don't do well with sitting still or laying down. It's going to be an emotional roller coaster but in the back of my mind, I really do know that I need this rest before IM training begins in just a few short weeks. I can't believe it's been 6 months since Ironman Wisconsin. Wow...really?!? wow.

Wednesday - an hour on the trainer. I love riding the trainer when I can watch the Biggest Loser. I get more motivated and can increase my cadence easily. I absolutely love that show!

Thursday - 2600 meter swim. Again, all with the pull buoy but I am OK with that. I am so much further ahead in the water from a year ago when IM training began and I feel really good about that. I am looking forward to a variety of workouts and speed training in the pool.

Friday - today, I ran 4 miles at the gym and did upper body weights. Ho-hum, pretty boring workout.

I am headed to Chicago shortly for a fun-filled weekend with friends and family! Tonight, I have a 19 year High School reunion which I am really looking forward to. I went to an all girls Catholic HS and had the wildest classmates - catching up is going to be ridiculous fun and I am sure my stomach will hurt from laughing so hard! The rest of the weekend will be spent with my family - it's long overdue.

No comments: