What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Recovering

The surgery was a success! (so the doctor says) and I am doing my best to be a patient patient. If you know me, you realize how ridiculous a request that is as I am one of the most impatient people in the world.

Got home Wednesday afternoon and was pretty drugged up. Laid around all night and the next day, icing my face, taking my medicine etc. It felt very surreal. I already feel that my left nostril has opened up enormously and I can't wait to take my first 'real' breath without the splints aka tubes in my nose.

The splints are getting to be very uncomfortable as the swelling in my nose reduces. It's a very tightened feeling. I can't blow my nose either and that may be the one thing driving me most insane. There is a lot of build-up (won't go into details.) The tubes come out Monday morning at 8:15am and I have heard it called, well, a 'nose orgasm.' I envision something much more painful but the relief will be overwhelming that the description just might fit.

I am relieved this weekend will be a little cooler so I won't feel so jealous that I can't be out running or riding. 1 week from today I can start up again slowly... treadmill walking. But hey, I'll take it!

No comments: