What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Brick: 25/5

Mike and I have been dogging it on the weekends. Sleeping in (7:15am), working in the basement (until about noon) and then heading out for our workouts (out the door between 1-2pm.) I have come to realize that I do not like this. at. all. I feel like that the day just gets away from us when I workout so late. There's no time for a nap!

Yesterday was case in point. I got started too late on my ride (3pm) and opted out of the run. Saved it for today. Mike and I headed out at 1pm for a 25 mile ride and holy crap was it windy by then. The clouds had rolled in and the wind picked up. I know wind. I am from the 'windy city' aka Chicago. However, Chicago took a back seat to Colorado's climate today. Despite the low 60 degree temps, the wind singlehandedly deflated my confidence and crushed my spirit. I was dreading my 5 mile run following this ride.

However, when I rolled up to my driveway, the sun re-emerged and I got a second wind. Literally. 6 months from today, I will be back at IMMOO for a second go-around. This time, I will have the support and companionship of my husband on the course, along with at least 10+ friends/people that I know inlcuding my Coach. It's going to be so much fun and this really motivated me.

I struggled on the run but I did what I needed to do. 3.5 miles in z3 and cruised the other mile and a half in z2. It's hard to believe that it was one year ago today that I started training for my first Ironman. I am not scared this time but more excited with the prospect of getting faster. I was told last year to throw any time goals out the window and just pray to finish. This year? I am focused on my time and performance. And of course, I have already started planning my IM wardrobe. I am MOST excited about this!!

No comments: