What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, March 23, 2009

Last week and today

Good grief did that go by quickly. It was stabilizer week in training and work was really busy. It's all a little fuzzy but I know I spent a lot of time on the bike, did some short runs and had my first 2 swims post-operation. They went really well and I can definitely tell a difference. My nose was sore after each swim.

The weekend was spent on the house primarily. Mike and I finished up a ton of little projects and I am did some deep spring cleaning in the kitchen. Yowza! I love to clean and who knew one would get so much pleasure out of owning 3 vaccuums. YES - 3!! It was a pretty quiet weekend otherwise.

Yesterday afternoon I ran up in Boulder with the Average Skirt (who bears NO resemblance to Jaba the Hut's sister by the way!) We had a great time and spent the hour gossiping, gabbing and doing what we do best, giggling. Next Sunday we have a date in the pool. I am looking forward to it. Hopefully, we can get some more ladies to join us.

Tonight I rode the trainer for 18 miles. Thankfully I get my tri bike fit on Friday. I definitely know changes need to be made to my aero bars. My upper back and shoulders are really sore.

Not sure what's up for tomorrow. I am doing some juggling with the schedule this week but our goals overall are:

Swim: 5,500 yards
Bike: 100 miles
Run: 23.5 miles

Looking forward to it all!

No comments: